Notwithstanding the special treatment usually given to SMEs in the context of general public financing programs or initiatives, set out below is a list, by way of example, of some lines specifically targeted at this type of entity.
Specifically, the National Innovation Enterprise (Empresa Nacional de Innovación or ENISA) provides financing to SMEs through the following lines, among others:
• ENISA Young entrepreneurs: aimed at stimulating the creation of enterprises backed by young entrepreneurs by providing access to preferred financing solely guaranteed by their business project.
• ENISA Entrepreneurs: aimed at providing financial support to recently formed SMEs, promoted by entrepreneurs of any age, so that they are able to make the investments necessary to carry out their business project.
• ENISA Competitiveness: aimed at financing projects based on viable, profitable and proven business models, focused on (i) the competitive improvement of production systems and/or a change in production model; or (ii) expansion through an increase in production capacity, an increase in the range of products/services, diversification of markets, etc.
• ENISA Alternative Markets: aimed at financing consolidation, growth and internationalization projects which seek capitalization and/or indebtedness through a regulated market, such as the MAB (Mercado Alternativo Bursátil,) and the future MARF (Mercado Alternativo de Renta Fija, both sub-markets of the Spanish Stock Markets and Exchanges).
• ENISA Mergers and Acquisitions: aimed at financing business projects which contemplate a corporate transaction entailing obvious competitive advantages (growth in size and improvement of products and services).
• ENISA Aeronautical: aimed at providing financial support to the aeronautical and aerospace industry and supplementary or related industries, that carry out business projects leading to technological progress in obtaining new products, processes, services or a substantial improvement of those that already exist.
Last updated: 22|06|2015