RISING START UP SPAIN is a program aimed at foreign start-ups and entrepreneurs who contribute to fostering entrepreneurial activity in Spain through scalable and innovative projects.
This is a six-month program from the start of the incubation period. It offers the following support services for start ups:
• Free workspace in Madrid and Barcelona, two hotspots for start ups
• Prize money of €10.000 to cover initial Start up expenses
• Easier access to Visa and Residence permits
• Instrumental mentoring to help you connect with potential investors
To take part in the program, foreign start ups established in Spain must meet the following requirements:
1. At least 10% of the start up's capital must belong to a foreign natural person or legal entity, or a Spanish non-resident provided that he/she is a natural person.
2. The start up must be formed or in the process of being formed when the assistance is granted. If the company has already been formed in Spain, it must be less than one year old.
The maximum level of assistance is 10,000 euros per beneficiary. To receive this assistance, the start up must incur minimum costs of 25,000 euros between the time at which the assistance is awarded and the end of the 6 month incubation period. These costs must include at least two of the following: pre-set up costs and constitution of the start up; purchase and rental of technological and industrial equipment; personnel costs; acquisition of licenses, patents and brand registration; technological consulting; and promotional costs and travel costs to attend events related to the company's business.
Submission of applications:
- 1st Call closed on September 30th, 2016
- 2nd Call: scheduled for 1st half 2017