1. What is Rising Start Up Spain?
A 6 month acceleration program to attract international entrepreneurs and talent to Spain promoted by ICEX-Invest in Spain. Its mission is to contribute to reinforcing and internationalizing the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Spain. More particularly, the program aims at:
• Promoting Spain and the Spanish entrepreneurial ecosystem on an international scale
• Helping attract talent and international innovative and entrepreneurial projects to Spain.
• Facilitating the return of Spanish talent and entrepreneurs engaged in projects in third countries and provide mechanisms for collaboration between Spanish and foreign entrepreneurs.
• Attracting international funding for innovative entrepreneurial projects and increase investment opportunities in activities with high added value in Spain.
2. What entrepreneurial projects can take part in the program?
The program is targeted to foreign startups, foreign entrepreneurs and non-resident Spanish entrepreneurs that have an innovative project with an already positive feedback from the market. The winning projects will have to constitute a company in Spain at the start of the program; if the company is already constituted, it cannot be older than one year (1).
3. What benefits and services does the program offer entrepreneurial projects?
• Visa services (fast track)
• Free workspace provided by Barcelona Activa and Madrid International Lab and other collaborating organizations as they join the program.
• Non-refundable direct financial assistance of up to 10,000 euros.
• Specialized mentoring through technical assistance to reinforce and support the process of funding and project development in Spain
4. How many entrepreneurial projects will be involved in the first edition of the program?
In this first edition there will be 10 winning projects
5. How will the projects be chosen?
A panel of experts from the Spanish entrepreneurial ecosystem will assess the 100 first projects to enter the competition. The evaluation will be conducted in accordance with the selection criteria listed below:
• The technology the project incorporates and the extent to which it is disruptive (25%)
• The business plan and its economic-financial feasibility (25%)
• The Product validation and growth potential (25%)
• The management team (25%)
6. How long does the program last?
The program will last a total of six months, and the first edition will start in the second semester of 2016.
(1) A foreign entrepreneurial project is understood as being a company constituted in Spain in which at least 10% of the capital belongs a foreign natural person or legal entity.
Last updated: 20|07|2016