1. What is Rising Up in Spain?
An acceleration program to attract talent and international entrepreneurs to Spain, promoted by ICEX-Invest in Spain, whose mission is to contribute to reinforcing and internationalizing the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Spain. The goals of the program are:
• To promote Spain and the Spanish entrepreneurial ecosystem on an international scale.
• To help attract talent and innovative entrepreneurial projects to Spain.
• To enable the return of Spanish entrepreneurs engaged in projects in third countries and provide mechanisms for collaboration between Spanish and foreign entrepreneurs.
• To capture international funding for innovative entrepreneurial projects and increase specific investment opportunities in activities with high added value in Spain.
2. What entrepreneurial projects can take part in the program?
International projects promoted or developed by foreigners or non-resident Spaniards (1).
The selected projects shall intend to create a company in Spain. If the company has already been established in Spain, it must be less than one year old.
3. What benefits and services does the program offer entrepreneurial projects?
1. Visa procurement services (fast track).
2. Free workspace for 6 months
3. Specialized mentoring to support the process of funding and penetration in the Spainsh market.
4. Acceleration program by a renowned accelerator
5. Media impact to increase your visibility in the Spainish market
6. Free access to forums and events
7. Access to a network of investors
4. How many entrepreneurial projects will be included in the second edition of the program?
A maximum of 15 projects will be chosen to benefit from the program. Based on the resulting assessments, other support services may be provided to an additional number of projects.
5. How will the projects be chosen?
A panel of experts from the Spanish entrepreneurial ecosystem will evaluate the projects to enter the competition. The evaluation criteria are listed below:
• Skill of the management team (25%)
• Economic-financial activity (25%)
• Product validation and growth potential (25%)
• Innovative and disruptive capacity (25%)
(1) A foreign entrepreneurial project is defined as having at least 10% of the capital by a foreign individual or legal entity.
Last updated: 21|11|2019