Law 14/2013 on Support of the Entrepreneurship and its Internationalization (September, 27th 2013) introduces a new specific framework for investors, entrepreneurs and qualified non EU nationals based on an agile and specialized system for visa and authorization concessions, to attract foreign investment and talent in order to foster economic growth and create jobs.
Law 25/2015 on the Second Opportunity Mechanism (July, 28th 2015), in force since July 30th 2015, has introduced several improvements to this framework.
• A single authorization for living and working valid anywhere in Spain including relatives if they meet the expected age labour regulations.
• No labour market test applied.
• Free movements within the Schengen member states.
• Streamlined processing: 10 days for visas and 20 days for residence permits, procedures can be arranged through a representative.
• Combined processing for spouses and children.
• The application for a residence permit will extend the validity of the residence or stay of the permit holder until the end of the procedure.
ICEX-Invest in Spain provides free, professional and confidential immigration information and consultancy services for companies, investors and entrepreneurs to obtain residence and work permits. We act as the institutional contact towards all Spanish entities engaged in the process: Spanish Embassies and Consulates, the Ministry of Employment and Social Security, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Provincial Immigration Offices, etc. For further information and contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web page: Global mobility
For investors who make significant investments in Spain: real estate assets (€500,000); companies shares, investment funds or bank deposits (€1 million); public debt (€2 million), and business projects of general interest.
For foreigners intending to develop an innovative business or entrepreneurial activity with special economic interest for Spain.
Highly Skilled Professional Residence
For companies hiring management staff, highly qualified professionals and graduates or postgraduates from universities and prestigious business schools.
Intra-Corporate Transferee Residence
For companies or corporate groups located in Spain or in another country transferring to Spain one or more foreigners to work or to carry out a professional training.
Private and public companies and other entities hiring researchers, scientific and technical staff and universities or business schools teachers to carry out training and research activities.
Last updated: 11|04|2018