Extremadura is a European region located in the southwest of the Iberian Peninsula. It is formed by the two biggest in size provinces of Spain: Cáceres and Badajoz.
It is the region, between the two principal capital cities of the Iberian Peninsula: Madrid and Lisbon, making Extremadura the main link of connection.
Excellent connection among the main urban areas (Badajoz, Mérida, Cáceres, Plasencia, Madrid, Sevilla, Lisboa, Gijón).
High Speed Train Madrid–Lisbon under construction: Regular services on conventional lines (passengers and freight).
Airport of Badajoz: Flights to the main cities of the world through the International airport of Madrid and Barcelona.
Extremadura is located in the area of influence formed by the principal metropolitan areas of Seville, Madrid, Porto and Lisbon.
Direct access to a market of 16, 5 millions of consumers within a radius of 400 km.Extremadura is a great hub to access the Spanish and Portuguese markets through its good communications with the most important Atlantic seaports of the Iberian Peninsula (Lisbon, Aveiro, Sines, Algeciras, Huelva, Seville).
European Region, open, crossborder.
• Fiscal consolidation
“The lowest public deficit of Spain; 0,69% of GDP; an impressive reduction effort”
The only expansive regional budgetin 2013.
• Reliability and credibility
Ordinary access to the financial market, without the need of request to the regional liquidity fund.
Intermediate credit rating: Ba1 (Moody’s).
“The most attractive region of the south of Spain to invest”.(RBS)
• Moderate debt Public debt reaches 14.4% of regional GDP, three points less than the average.
Extremadura is the region with less debt per capita.
• A smart, sustainable and inclusive growth
Extremadura will be the only European Region from Spain that will continue to receive Structural Funds from the European Union, earmarked for the priority regions in the Cohesion Policy for the 2014-2020 period.
It will also be the only Spanish region that could provide financial aid to investments projects promoted by large corporations, within the National Regional framework aids.
• A new model of region
A process of chance towards a new productive model of region.Capable of generating wealth from our resources, by reducing our dependence on the public sector.
• Smart specialization
The designing of smart specialization strategy, a process that involves all of the Extremaduran society.
Innovation and transformation of strategic sectors, main axes of our strategy.
Re-inventing the traditional sectors, making even better what we already do well, enable us to offer unique and differentiated services.
Disseminate the innovation in all sectors, basically to those that support the regional economy: the agro-food sector, the cultural tourism, the gastronomy and hostelry, the green energy and the life sciences sector.
• Industrial Infrastuctures
Extremadura offers to companies and entrepreneurs:
2 Industrial Business areas Expacio: Mérida and Navalmoral
39 Industrial areas, with parcels of land that range from 300 to 5,000 m2
33 business parks, with 200 m2 warehouses
• RDI resources
Extremadura supports business innovation through its RDI network of centres, among of which the following:
1. The Science and Technology Park of Extremadura (PCTEX).
2. "Diego Hidalgo" Centre of business and innovation.
3. Industrial and Technological Centre of Extremadura (CTIEX).
4. FÉVAL Technology Centre.
5. National Centre of reference for application of the information and communication technologies CENATIC.
6. Extremadura Centre of advanced technologies Juan Antonio Rubio (CETA-CIEMAT).
7. Consortium IDENTIC - Initiatives to develop Extremadura from the information and communication technologies.
8. Extremadura Centre of research, technological innovation and Supercomputing (CÉNITS).
9. The Foundation for the development of science and technology in Extremadura.
One – Stop
We walk together; an investment decision is a strategic decision for your company.Your goal of maximizing the return on investment is also our goal.
Our entire project management is based on this principle.For this purpose, we make available the resources and practical information needed to implement your project.
• Only specialized interlocutor with track record.
• Consulting during the all process.
• Personalized attention.
• General and sectorial information about Extremadura, Spain and third countries.
• A single point within the Public Administration.
• Presentation of potential companies (M & A transactions).
• Introduction and sectorial contacts.
• Full monitoring of all the stages of the project.
Soft – Landing
The assessment stage and the early stages of the investment process are crucial for the final success of the project. Invest in Extremadura will help you in that key moment in which agility and flexibility are essential.
In order to take the advantages, to know the extraordinary possibilities of the human capital and the excellent infrastructures, our team work on a personalized plan for each project that requires the interaction of the public administration.
Your implementation plan:
• Finding the best location in the best conditions.
• Identification and introduction of technological and strategic partners.
• Support in legal and bureaucratic issues.
• Personalized financial plan (grant, incentives and financing)
• Support in negotiations with Financial Entities.
• Investment support office.
Expansion & Development
Your company will have the support of Invest in Extremadura beyond the early stage; we will help you in your growth and develop.
We will have a regular contact with your company informing you about new investment opportunities. In addition we will invite you to take part on the promotion activities or benefit from the most recent grant opportunities and funding programs.
To promote the reinvestment and the growth of our companies are priorities for Invest in Extremadura and we can help you to reach that goal.
Our status as Government of Extremadura places us in an optimal position as a strategic partner in your relationship with the Public Administration, or other Spanish public players as well as with third countries.
Thinking about your expansion and development:
• Regular information about new investment opportunities.
• Linked in with Public Administration on new investments.
• Preferential funding systems for expansion projects.
• Support in terms of flexibility and viability on new projects.
• International Trade Promotion.
• National/European funding opportunities for RTD projects.
Last updated: 16|07|2015
The information on these pages was prepared by each autonomous community