As an outermost region of Europe, the Canary Islands has its own economic and fiscal system, fully approved by the EU, which all double taxation and fiscal transparency agreements apply.
THE LOWEST CORPORATE TAX IN EUROPE
• Corporate tax fixed at 4%
• Dividends exempt from withholding tax
• Indirect taxation: its own tax regime: 6.5% of IGIC (as opposed to 21% applied in mainland Spain)
INCENTIVES FOR R&D AND TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION ACTIVITIES
• An annual cost reduction of 45-90% for R&D activities
• An annual cost reduction of 45% for technological innovation activities